Start / Stop Canal Service

Starting Canal Service
Starting canal service is easy. Simply fill out a Canal Water Service Request Form (PDF) and mail, fax, or hand deliver it to CVWD.

Account Establishment Fee
Effective July 1, 2014, an Account Establishment Fee of $30 will be assessed on all new accounts and will be reflected on the first bill.

Stop Canal Service
Please allow 48 hours from the date of change request for processing and update. Accounts are not closed or re-opened automatically. It is the responsibility of the account holder to notify our office in writing to discontinue service.

Submit a written request by fax, mail, or in person (once received, please allow 48 hours from the date received for processing):
For Your Protection
CVWD is committed to protecting its customer’s identity. CVWD does not collect driver’s license information or Social Security Numbers; however, proof of identity may be required when establishing or changing water services. A passcode may be established to enable account holders to conduct various transactions over the phone. If you would like a spouse, relative, or third party to have access to your account, please add that information to your application and provide them with the passcode you established. This information can also be emailed, mailed to CVWD, Customer Service at P.O. Box 1058, Coachella, California 92236, or submitted by fax to 760-398-3190.

If you have any questions about the request forms, or need assistance, please contact Customer Service at 760-391-9600.