Sun City Palm Desert Pipeline Replacement
Construction update for Sept. 14-Sept. 18:
Phase 1: From Monday to Wednesday, September 14-16, crews will be trenching and installing pipe on Waterford Lane, then making their way toward Edgebrook Lane and Naranja Drive later in the week.
Phase 2A: Trenching is tentatively scheduled to begin Monday, September 14, on Nectarine Drive, then moving to Peach Blossom Circle and Apricot Lane. This work is expected to last two weeks.
If you have concerns, please contact Construction Inspector Anthony Diaz at 909-991-2808, or the CVWD project hotline at 760-392-4006.
More information is available in this week's newsletter.
For your safety, please be aware of street closures and traffic control efforts in the construction zone.The contractor for the project has posted caution signs and stationed flagmen to limit pedestrian and golf cart traffic in the areas where crews are working and where heavy equipment is being used.
About the Project:
Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) is beginning a 12-year, 44-mile pipeline replacement project in Sun City Palm Desert (Sun City). Corrosive soils are damaging CVWD’s existing ductile iron water pipelines in the Sun City area. CVWD will replace the pipelines and service connections and resurface affected roads. Fire hydrants, meter boxes and valves also will be replaced. This project is critical to ensure the long-term reliability of the water system in Sun City.
CVWD is committed to transparency and clear communication during this project. Our internal communications team supported by the local communications firm hired to help with this project will ensure you have the information you need to know when and how you may be impacted by this project. This is our promise.
- CVWD will give 24 hours of notice to residents prior to construction work that will impact their water or access to their homes.
- In most cases, CVWD will limit water shut offs to four hours or less.
- CVWD will provide useful information in a timely manner, including detailed schedules for construction, surveying, and pot holing.
- Residents will receive updates a variety of ways, including the existing Sun City mail system, the Sun City newsletter, local media, email, website, door hangers, club house postings, District meetings and townhall style meetings.
- Construction schedules will be available to residents in a timely manner and any changes to schedules will be conveyed as promptly as possible.
Total construction will include approximately 10 phases over a period of 12 years or more. Approximately 4,500 homes will be included in the project. Work will begin January 2020. Residents may be impacted by road construction, as well as possible driveway blockages and water shut offs to individual homes and common areas.
Phase One Residents
- The first phase of construction will include about 680 homes in Districts 4, 5, and 14. Construction of the first phase is expected to take approximately 14 to 15 months.
- During construction impacted roads will remain unpaved. However, trenches will be closed at the end of each work day.
- Construction equipment will be parked at either end of the construction area. The equipment will only be used from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to reduce noise. During the summer, the construction may start as early as 6:30 a.m.
- Door hangers will notify residents of the date and times they will not be able to access their driveways and an estimated timeframe of unpaved road in front of their home.
- Streets will be swept at the end of each work day to keep the construction site and nearby homes as free of dust and debris as possible.
- February 6, 2020 E Newsletter
- February 14,2020 E Newsletter
- February 21, 2020 E Newsletter
- March 6, 2020 E Newsletter
- March 13, 2020 E Newsletter
- April 10, 2020 E Newsletter
- April 17, 2020 E Newsletter
- April 20, 2020 E Newsletter
- April 24, 2020 E Newsletter
- May 1, 2020 E Newsletter
- May 11, 2020 E Newsletter
- May 29, 2020 E Newsletter
- June 5, 2020 E Newsletter
- June 12, 2020 E Newsletter
- June 19, 2020 E Newsletter
- June 26, 2020 E Newsletter
- July 2, 2020 E Newsletter
- July 9 2020 e-newsletter
- July 16 newsletter
- July 25, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Aug. 1, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Aug. 8, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Aug 14, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Aug. 21, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Aug. 28, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Sept. 3, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Sept. 11, 2020 E-Newsletter
- Does construction for the pipeline project affect water quality?
- By the Numbers as of April 2020
- Will pipes be buried at the same depth?
- What should I do if my water is warm?
- Why are the streets patched each day?
- Your guide to the Sun City Pipeline Replacement Project - Brochure (PDF)
- Sun City Pipeline Townhall Meeting Notice (PDF)
- Sun City Pipeline Townhall Presentation (PDF)
- Fire Hydrant Relocation Letter