Updated on March 10, 2014
|Irrigation Utility Worker I - Canal Crew (2 positions open)||Salary: $3096 - $4240 Monthly||Schedule: Full Time|
|Description: The Coachella Valley Water District is seeking a new member of the canal maintenance crew. Initially under direct supervision, incumbents learn to perform a variety of semi-skilled construction and maintenance duties for the Canal system.
Will perform the following types of duties:
1. Construct, install and repair inspection sumps, Drain lines and related facilities on the Canal system.
2. Lay and replace concrete pipe which may include manually leveling pipe bed, operating compaction equipment, breaking down concrete pipe using a sledge hammer, cut-off saw and jack hammer, and hand mix cement. Remove and replace broken cement lining on channel slopes.
3. Repairs, replaces and performs jetting of tile lines on the agricultural drainage system.
4. Install, repair and maintain chain link fencing and pipe gates along the Coachella Valley and Whitewater River Stormwater Channels.
5. Clean and maintain monitoring wells.
6. Operate compressor and paint gun to paint signs and protect and maintain appearance on all facilities.
7. Operate an arc welder and cutting torch.
8. Perform weed eradication using herbicides and equipment associated with the spray program and manually removing weeds using hand tools.
9. Adhere to District safety rules, wearing appropriate safety equipment, which include traffic control, job sites, preparing trenches with shoring or sloping and inspecting equipment prior to use.
|Closing Date: March 14, 2014, 4:30 P.M.||Apply Now|
CVWD application must be submitted. Resume will not be accepted in lieu of application. To apply for any of these positions, please contact the Human Resources office between the hours of 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. and 1:30 P.M. - 4:30 P.M. We are now located at 75515 Hovley Lane East, Palm Desert, California, or write:
CVWD is recognized for its worldwide progressive water management techniques. Covering approximately 1,000 square miles of southeastern California desert in Riverside, Imperial, and San Diego Counties, CVWD provides irrigation water service from the Colorado River through the All American Canal system to approximately 66,000 acres of fruits and vegetables including table grapes, citrus, sweet corn, and 90% of the country's dates.
CVWD also provides urban water from 100 wells to approximately 108,000 homes and businesses homes and businesses and sewer service through six reclamation plants to more than 96,000 homes and businesses.
CVWD is also a State Water Project contractor using available water for groundwater replenishment.
We are pleased to announce that we now have a job hotline! Please call (760) 398-2661, extension 2103 in order to hear a listing of the jobs currently available at CVWD.
Thank you for your interest in employment at CVWD!