Water Wise Landscape Rebates & Discounts
Coachella Valley Water District’s rebate program is designed to assist homeowners who want to reduce their outdoor water usage by converting their lawn to desert-friendly landscaping, installing smart irrigation controllers and replacing inefficient spray nozzles. Reducing your outdoor usage is the best way to meet your monthly water budget
View a photo gallery of Coachella Valley homes with water-efficient and desert-friendly landscaping or some prototype front yards.
Choose your city to review the eligibility requirements for all Water Wise Landscape Rebates.
Indoor Water Conservation Kit
CVWD’s free Indoor Water Conservation Kit is designed to assist homeowners who want to conserve water inside the home. Rebates are provided to eligible homeowners on a first-come first-served basis. For more details click here
High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
CVWD’s high-efficiency toilet rebate program is designed to assist homeowners who want to replace an old toilet(s) with a newer, more efficient one. Rebates are provided to eligible homeowners on a first-come first-served basis.
- Property owners who are district customers are eligible. A separate application is required for each toilet installed. Limit of two (2) toilets per residential unit served by a single water meter, applicable for single family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and four-plexes.
- Old toilets must be manufactured prior to 1992 and consume more than 3 gallons per flush.
- Rebates are up to $100 per replaced toilet.
- Old Toilets must be recycled at customer expense at Desert Recycling located in Thousand Palms. They charge $10 to recycle a toilet.
- The customer is responsible for installing the new toilet(s) and must provide the following 3 items to qualify for a rebate:
- Sales receipt for the new toilet(s).
- Documentation showing toilet(s) is a 1.28 gallon per flush or less toilet. (making a copy from the label on the outside of the box is recommended)
- Receipt for your old toilet(s) from Desert Recycling.
Customers must complete the rebate application and receive written approval before purchasing a high-efficiency toilet(s).
To participate, review the complete eligibility requirements and conditions and download the rebate application.
Please note that the program is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Additional information about choosing a high-efficiency toilet: www.epa.gov/watersense/