Service » Start/Stop Service

Start/Stop Service

Starting Service

Starting Service

Property Owners Property Owners* - Click Here to Start Service

Tenants Tenants Click Here to Start Service

Commercial Properties Commercial Properties Click Here to Start Service

*If completing an owner request, please submit documented proof of property ownership (Grant Deed or Estimated/Final Closing Statement).

Effective July 1, 2014 an Account Establishment Fee of $30 will be assessed on all new accounts and will be reflected on the first bill.

Residential Accounts (homes, apartments, condominiums):

  • Property owners: All accounts, whether the property is to be rented or leased, must have owner authorization to setup an account. Please note there are separate forms for residential and commercial service.
  • Tenants: Property owners may authorize their tenants to be billed directly for payment purposes; however, the owner will be responsible for all unpaid charges. Please complete the Tenants application above. CVWD must have contact information for the service address in the event of an emergency.
  • New Residential Properties: For new residential properties without a meter, click on the following text for an application: Domestic Water Service Request form (New Meter).
  • Realtors, Brokers, HOA, or Property Managers: Complete the application for Property Owners above and provide a listing agreement for the property or other documentation designating that you are the authorized agent for the property landowner and are responsible for the water at the property. A $100 deposit will be required to establish service. Under some circumstances, a hold harmless agreement may be required for third parties.

Commercial Accounts (businesses, office buildings):

  • New account holders must establish credit worthiness before service can begin. This can be satisfied by showing proof of prior service in the applicant’s name for 12 consecutive months from a previous water provider without being discontinued for nonpayment. If credit worthiness cannot be established, a $250 deposit will be required.

Stop Service or Update Mailing Address

Please allow 48 hours from the date of change request for processing and update.
Accounts are not closed or re-opened automatically. It is the responsibility of the account holder to notify our office in writing to discontinue service.

Stop Water Service To STOP Water Service - Click Here
Change Mailing Address To Change Mailing Address – Click Here

You may also submit a written request by fax, mail, or in person:

  • By Fax: (760) 398-3190, please allow 48 hours from date received in office for processing
  • By Mail: CVWD, P.O. Box 1058, Coachella, CA 92236 Attn: Customer Service (once received, please allow 48 hours from the date received for processing)

Move In/Move Out

  • When service has been discontinued, the water will be turned off. If a renter is being billed and notifies CVWD that they want service stopped, water service will be transferred to the property owner’s name automatically.
  • If you are a renter, please note: If the property you rent has new owners, please advise them to contact our office to transfer the account to assure uninterrupted water service.

Customer Survey

Our mission is to offer our customer's the highest quality of service, delivered with dedication and professionalism. We will exceed our customers' expectations by anticipating their needs and listening to their requests. Each request will be managed efficiently and honestly to ensure complete customer service. Please help us serve you better by answering all of the questions on this form.

We value your opinion! You deserve excellent customer service with every visit or phone call.

Please help us serve you better by answering all of the questions on this form.

Property Owners Customer Survey - How are we doing?

For your protection

CVWD is committed to protecting its customer’s identity. CVWD does not collect driver’s license information or Social Security Numbers; however, proof of identity may be required when establishing or changing water services. A passcode may be established to enable account holders to conduct various transactions over the phone. If you would like a spouse, relative, or third party to have access to your account, please add that information to your application and provide them with the passcode you established. This information can also be sent electronically to, mailed to CVWD, Customer Service at P.O. Box 1058, Coachella, CA 92236, or submitted by fax (760) 398-3190.

If you have any questions about the request forms, or need assistance, please contact Customer Service at (760) 391-9600.

If you prefer to submit your application by mail, fax or hand deliver it to CVWD, the following applications are available to print:
Domestic Water Service Request form - Residential (Owner)
Domestic Water Service Request form - Residential (Tenant)
Domestic Water Service Request form - Commercial
Domestic Water Service Request form - Temporary Construction Meter
Domestic Water Service Request form - Residential (New Meter)
Stop Water Service
Change Mailing Address