Help2Others Customer Assistance Program
CVWD has partnered with United Way of the Desert to create the Help2Others Customer Assistance Program to help eligible customers who are having trouble paying their water bill.
How does the program work?
Eligible residential customers can receive a $100 credit on their water bill once in a 12 month period. Customers must reapply for subsequent years.
The Customer Assistance Program is managed by United Way of the Desert. United Way of the Desert screens eligible customers and provides them with assistance in paying a past due water bill.
Who qualifies for assistance?
Customers must meet the following criteria to receive assistance:
The CVWD bill must be in the name of the residential customer seeking assistance.
- Customer must call United Way of the Desert at (760) 323-2731, prior to applying in person, and provide all the requested information.
- The address on the bill must be the customers' primary residence.
- Customer may be subject to a water conservation review prior to approval.
- Program is limited to CVWD residential customers only.
- All household members' income, from an eligible source, must be combined for a gross annual household income.
The total combined gross income must be at or below the amounts shown in the following income guidelines:
Maximum Household Income*
|Number of Persons in Household||Total Combined Annual Income|
|1-2||up to $32,920|
|3||up to $41,560|
|4||up to $50,200|
|5||up to $58,840|
|6||up to $67,480|
|each additional person|
*Qualifying income levels are 200% of the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How to apply for assistance
For more information visit United Way of Desert's website.
How is the customer assistance program funded?
The program is funded year-round through charitable donations, employee donations, sale of scrap metal, lease revenues and the sale of CVWD's book Lush & Efficient Desert-Friendly Landscaping in the Coachella Valley.
Help your community and make a donation today!
Charitable donations must be made directly to United Way of the Desert. All donations are tax-deductible. See instructions listed below:
See instructions listed below:
- To make a donation with a credit card, call United Way of the Desert at (760) 323-2731, and mention CVWD's H2O Customer Assistance Program.
- To make a donation with a check, make a check out to United Way of the Desert and designate for the CVWD H2O Customer Assistance Program.
- Mail checks to United Way of the Desert at PO Box 13210, Palm Desert, CA 92255.